“Tech-Career-In-A-Box” Virtual Summer Camp–SC Middle & High School Students
July 19 @ 10:00 am - July 21 @ 12:00 pmFree
• Students must reside and have a shipping address in South Carolina to receive their supply kit for camp.
• Limit 1 free camp per student, per summer.
• Registration for this camp will close 2 weeks before the start date in order to ensure the timely delivery of the camp kits.
As part of this program, supply kits will be mailed to every registered student to use during the virtual sessions. Additional hands-on activities are included in the supply kit so students can continue the learning at home. On-demand digital resources will also be provided to complement lessons learned in the virtual classroom.
• Students will need a desktop or laptop with audio. Tablets and phones are not recommended due to the level of typing, copying, and file sharing needed.
• Internet access is required. For a listing of free WiFi access in South Carolina, please visit: https://www.palmettocareconnections.org/broadband/south-carolina-free-wifi-hot-spots/
• Students will need a personal Google account. School related google accounts are not recommended for use. To create a free personal Google account, please visit: https://accounts.google.com/
• Students will gain access to IT-oLogy’s Google Classroom with registration to access workshop information and on-demand digital resources.
• No prior coding or technical experience necessary.
The activities and challenges delivered throughout the virtual summer enrichment program will teach technology in exciting and engaging ways. IT-oLogy’s skilled and certified instructors will lead coding and circuity challenges that introduce and reinforce STEM concepts that align with CSTA and the South Carolina Department of Education standards. IT-oLogy’s programs are designed with gaming attributes to allow students of multiple experience levels the space to learn something new. Students will also participate in a combination of career exploration activities, technology skills projects, student tech career portfolios, and daily participation with interpersonal and teamwork activities as part of the instructor-led virtual workshops. Students will apply fundamentals learned in the virtual classroom and build upon their 21st Century Skills through project-based learning, creativity, problem solving, engagement, logic, critical thinking, collaboration, and most importantly… FUN!
South Carolina middle school and high school students can participate in this innovative program at no charge to families.
** Limit 1 free camp per student, per summer.**