IT Certification Program for Veterans
CompTIA Certifications – *Please complete the application below before attempting to register for a course*
- February 17-21, 2020 – CompTIA A+ Core 1
- February 24-28, 2020 – CompTIA A+ Core 2
- March 16-20, 2020 – CompTIA A+ Core 1
- March 23-27, 2020 – CompTIA A+ Core 2
- April 20-24, 2020 – CompTIA Network+
- May 18-22, 2020 – CompTIA Security+
Thanks to Dominion Energy, IT-oLogy is proud to offer a limited number of scholarships to veterans for CompTIA certification courses. Through this collaboration, IT-oLogy will train and prepare a pool of veterans who are looking to re-enter the workforce through employment in the IT industry. Qualified students will participate in rigorous, bootcamp-style courses led by an experienced, certified instructor. Certifications offered are: A+, Network+ and Security+.
*A passing grade on the certification exam is not guaranteed and is dependent upon each student’s after class study habits in addition to their attentiveness and focus in the class. Job placement upon completion is also not guaranteed by IT-oLogy.
Please note the following requirements
Identification and Attendance:
On the first day of class, all students are required to bring in both Veteran ID card and one additional form of photo identification (driver’s license, passport or additional government issued ID). We want all students to succeed! Therefore, it is mandatory that students arrive on time and are in attendance for the full length of the class. Courses are Monday through Friday from 9 am – 4 pm, with a 30-minute independent lunch break at noon. Refrigerator and microwave are available. Failure to supply the required identification and failure to commit to the attendance requirements will result in removal from the class.
Students are provided with one parking voucher per day. Parking is available in the Tower parking garage attached to the IT-oLogy building. It is only accessible through the entrance on Gervais Street heading west. All visitors are required to take a ticket when entering the garage and must park in a non-reserved space on the 4th floor or higher. Once parked, please take the elevators to the third floor of the garage, which corresponds to the second floor of our building. IT-oLogy is located through the double doors at the end of the crosswalk.
A+ is offered in two sections over the course of two consecutive weeks: CompTIA A+ Core 1 and Core 2.
- CompTIA Recommended Experience: 9 to 12 months hands-on experience in the lab or IT field.
- Testing will be proctored at IT-oLogy. Dates are as follows:
- February A+ class will test the morning of Monday, March 2, 2020 (Core 1) and Monday, March 9, 2020 (Core 2).
- March A+ class will test the morning of Monday, March 30, 2020 (Core 1) and Monday, April 6, 2020 (Core 2).
Network+ is available to students who have successfully completed A+ and/or have the required work experience.
- CompTIA Recommended Experience: CompTIA A+ Certification and at least 9 to 12 months of networking experience.
- Testing for Network+ will take place at IT-oLogy on the morning of Monday, April 27, 2020.
Security+ is available to students who have successfully completed Network+ and/or have the required work experience.
- CompTIA Recommended Experience: CompTIA Network+ and two years of experience in IT administration with a security focus.
- Testing for Security+ will take place at IT-oLogy on the morning of Monday, June 1, 2020.
Courses are held at IT-oLogy, 1301 Gervais Street, Suite 200, Columbia, SC 29201.
Multimedia and Liability Waiver:
IT-oLogy reserves the right to take photographs, record video and audio of the student for educational or promotional materials. The student’s name and identity may be revealed by descriptive text or commentary. IT-oLogy reserves all rights to exhibit this work publicly or privately, including posting to social media, IT-oLogy websites, blog, Twitter, Facebook, and other printed promotional material without compensation to the student. IT-oLogy is released from all liability claims, demands, losses or damages on the campers account and free of any litigation expense, attorney fees, loss liability, damage or costs as a result of any such claim.
Applications are now being accepted for consideration. Please complete the following application in its entirety.
For questions, please contact Lauren Wells at email@example.com.