ITIL® Certification – Information Technology Infrastructure Library
Advance Your IT Career with an In-demand, High-paying, Low-technical IT certification!
Ranked 8th as the best and highest paying IT certification is the Information Technology Infrastructure Library. ITIL is the most widely accepted approach to IT service management in the world. Tammy Mainwaring, IT-oLogy’s ITIL Master Teacher, will guide you through the curriculum, practice questions and coach you to do your very best on the exam. Using her 17 years of ITIL training experience, she’ll equip you with the right strategies to set you up for success! ITIL services include:
- ITIL v.3 Foundation Certification
- ITIL v.4 Foundation Certification
- ITIL v.4 Managing Professionals (MP) Certification
- ITIL v.4 Delivering Stakeholder Value Certification
- ITIL v.4 Create, Deliver, Support Certification
- ITIL v.4 Direct, Plan Improve Certification
- ITIL v.4 High Velocity IT Certification
- ITIL v.3 and v.4 Exam Preparation
ITIL 4 Foundation Training & Certification
ITIL 4 takes a holistic approach to IT service management through use of a service value system (SVS), which provides an end-to-end picture of strategies and methods to contribute to business value. The Service Value System integrates concepts from models such as Lean IT, Agile, Design Thinking and DevOps. ITIL 4 provides best practices, principles and strategies to assist businesses in navigating the new technological era of digital services. At the end of the course, participants will understand the application of:
- A holistic approach to the facilitation of co-creation of value with customers and other stakeholders in the form of products and services
- The guiding principles of ITIL 4
- The four dimensions of Service Management
- Key concepts from Lean, Agile, DevOps, and why these are important to deliver business value
- How ITIL 4 practices will maintain the value and importance of the ITIL v3 processes, while demonstrating how expanding them to be integrated into different areas of service management and IT, from demand to value.
Course level – Foundation – This course is designed for anyone looking for the most up to date IT service management education, as well as an understanding of how to provide business value in the digital era. Course length – 3 days including the certification exam Course Prerequisites – None
ITIL Foundation exam format:
- Multiple choice examination questions
- 40 questions
- 26 marks required to pass (out of 40 available) – 65%
- 1-hour certification exam
IT-oLogy also provides training on the 4 Intermediate certification courses. Participants receive an ITIL Specialist Certification in the area of their choice:
- ITIL Specialist – Create, Deliver and Support: CDS covers the integration of a number of proven areas of what we know as IT areas of work such as design, build, test, launch, run and support products and services.
- ITIL Specialist – Drive Stakeholder Value: A holistic approach to the facilitation of co-creation of value with customers and other stakeholders in the form of products and services.
- ITIL Strategist– Direct Plan and Improve: DPI provides individuals with real world skills necessary to create a learning/improving IT organization. DPI focuses on working holistically and aligns with principles from Agile and Continuous Delivery Optimization.
- ITIL Specialist – High Velocity IT: HVIT is relevant to all working on rapid delivery of IT solutions. HVIT includes the use of working practices such as Agile, Lean, technical practices and technologies such as cloud, automation and automatic testing. HVIT’s focus is on rapid delivery of products/services to obtain maximum value.
What is ITIL?
Why do you need ITIL on your resume?
- Earn an average salary of $103,408…and growing!
- Advance your career more quickly
- Stand out above other professionals
- Increase your skillset and credibility
- Display a credential that is recognized and valued globally
- Possess a high paying, high demand IT certification that complements the Project Management Professional certification
If you’re an employer, how will ITIL help your business?
“Our goal was to grow into a more proactive IT organization and ITIL aligns IT with the business. We were looking for an improved level of service – ITIL helped provide the tools and metrics to define the value of IT services.” Glen Taylor, The Walt Disney Company. Read the full case study here. ITIL improves:
- Competitive advantage and market opportunities
- Decision making and risk mitigation
- Visibility of IT costs, savings, profits and revenue
- Rework, lost time, resource management and usage
- Customer satisfaction, time to market for new products and services
- More benefits
ITIL is scalable and can be implemented based on your pain points (i.e. Change management, Problem management, etc.).
- Food Lion: 25-35 % reduction time to process changes
- Procter and Gamble: In three years, realized $500 million in savings along with a 6% to 8% cut in operating costs. Help desks calls were reduced by 10%
- Caterpillar: The rate of achieving the target response time for incident management on web-related services jumped from 60%-90%
- More case studies: Essex County Council | Newcastle University
Whether your industry is healthcare, telecommunications, government, or many others, ITIL can improve your opportunities for success. Read more examples here.
Why study ITIL with IT-oLogy?
- You’ll learn from a certified instructor with a 98% passing rate.
- You’ll learn strategies to prepare for and pass the ITIL Foundation exam.
- You’ll network with other area professionals.
Instructor – Tammy Mainwaring – President, IT-oLogy
Tammy’s worked in private and public organizations that have successfully implemented ITIL. Tammy’s commitment to her students has helped them achieve a 98% passing rate!
For more information on a private or small group tutoring session, contact Kristy McLean at email@example.com. Let Tammy help you secure your certification to take your IT career to the next level!
Kim Campagna – ITIL Foundation Certified!
“I heard about the ITIL course via emails from IT-oLogy and decided to pursue the certification as a means to further my career in IT. The classroom experience was fantastic! The material was presented in an organized and easy to “get” way with many real life examples that explained the ideas being presented. I am excited to see what opportunities are available that will allow me to utilize the skills and knowledge I obtained from the ITIL Foundation course at IT-oLogy!” Kim Campagna, ITIL Foundation Certified
Who Should Attend
The ITIL Foundation course will benefit anyone interested in IT and all IT professionals that depend on IT services and involved in building good relationships. Attendees may include:IT project managers, CIOs, IT directors, IT managers, IT project or team members, coordinators, network operators, business process analysts, business managers, IT architects, IT end users, consultants, systems integrators, help desk managers and staff, planners, trainers, managed service providers, IT service providers, outsourcers, application developers, and other IT-related positions.
Cost: $2200 – All classes are non-refundable. *A passing grade on the certification exam is not guaranteed and is dependent upon each student’s after class study habits in addition to their attentiveness and focus in the class. Job placement upon completion is also not guaranteed by IT-oLogy.
The ITIL® courses on this page are offered by itSM Solutions, LLC, ATO of AXELOS Limited. ITIL® is a registered trademark of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved