IT-oLogy is Making a Difference
IT-oLogy uses innovative programs that connect and inspire students and professionals to develop the skills they need to become the problem solvers of today and tomorrow. Since IT-oLogy’s founding, our impact has been significant:
- IT-oLogy has helped more than 48,000 K-12 students and 3,170 educators explore IT through career fairs, competitions, and Cyber Saturdays.
- IT-oLogy has assisted in increasing the number of professionals employed in IT- related occupations by 24% from 2009 -2013, as compared to 11% nationally.
- IT-ology has reached more than 50,000 professionals with its conferences, workshops and seminars.
- Through the Coursepower program, IT-oLogy has played a role in helping universities and technical colleges increase their enrollment in IT-related classes by 30%. At these nine academic institutions, over 5,000 SC students have taken one or both of the foundational courses needed to earn the computer science minor.
- IT-oLogy’s IT Gateway has matched more than 300 undergraduate students with jobs and summer internships.