IT-oLogy, the South Carolina Chamber of Commerce, the South Carolina Research Authority, and South Carolina Department of Commerce have teamed up for a day-long summit to address issues and opportunities facing South Carolina in the IT arena. Among the topics to be discussed:
• Is South Carolina competitive on a national and regional level?
• What incentives and innovations are being implemented here and elsewhere and what best practices should we pursue?
• How does IT impact economic development?
• How does IT impact workforce development?
• What are we doing to stay competitive with an educated workforce?
• What role does public policy play in making us a progressive and more IT/business friendly state?
When: Wednesday, March 18, 2015
Where: IT-oLogy, 1301 Gervais Street, Columbia, SC
Who should attend:
-IT leaders across all industry verticals, to include CTOs, CIOs, CEOs, IT Directors, IT decision makers of all types in education, state and municipal government, manufacturing, healthcare, professional services, banking, and entrepreneurship (the start-up community).
– Elected officials at all levels
– Economic development officials at all levels
The purpose of this day long event is to inform and educate attendees about what’s currently being done across the state, to gather input from attendees in each industry vertical, and to exchange ideas. Networking opportunities will be plentiful. This is a must attend event for IT, education and policy leaders throughout South Carolina.
Among the speakers:
Molly Spearman, State Superintendent of Education
Bill Mahoney, CEO, SCRA
Bobby Hitt, Secretary, South Carolina Department of Commerce