CompTIA Security+ Certification
CompTIA Security+ is the certification globally trusted to validate foundational, vendor-neutral IT security knowledge and skills. As a benchmark for best practices in IT security, this certification covers the essential principles for network security and risk management – making it an important stepping stone of an IT security career.
IT security is paramount to organizations as cloud computing and mobile devices have changed the way we do business. With the massive amounts of data transmitted and stored on networks throughout the world, it’s essential to have effective security practices in place. That’s where CompTIA Security+ comes in. Get the Security+ certification to show that you have the skills to secure a network and deter hackers and you’re ready for the job.
Why do you need the CompTIA Security+ certification on your resume?
- Higher Salaries – According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Security Specialists, Administrators and Managers earn over $90,000 per year.
- Government-Approved – CompTIA Security+ meets the ISO 17024 standard and is approved by U.S. Department of Defense to fulfill Directive 8570.01-M requirements. Once you obtain your Security+ you automatically have the CE designation required in the DoD Directive 8570.01 manual and going forward must comply with the CE program requirement of completing 50 CEUs in three years to maintain the credential. Security+ is also compliant with government regulations under Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA).
- Globally Recognized – CompTIA Security+ is a globally recognized credential with certified professionals working in over 147 countries throughout the world.
- Industry Supported – Security+ is developed and maintained by leading IT experts. Content for the exams stems from a combination of industry-wide survey feedback and contributions from our team of subject matter experts.
Why do you need the CompTIA Security+ training from IT-oLogy?
- Security+ is a trusted certification all around the world
- 10 hands-on workshops with a certified instructor
- Self-paced curriculum with numerous practice test exams
- (2) PearsonVue Test Vouchers for CompTIA Security+ Exam
- Access to TestOut software for up to 1 year
- TestOut Certificate
- Online Stats (Completions rate, etc.)
- Learn strategies to prepare for and pass the CompTIA Security+ exam.
- Network with other area professionals.
If you’re an employer, how will the CompTIA Security+ training help your business?
- Solid Foundation – A secure network is essential to protect your customers’, employees’ and business’ information. Security+ certification confirms that your IT employees are qualified to build and secure a reliable infrastructure for your organization.
- Qualified Employees – Security+ certification demonstrates proven competency in identifying, managing and troubleshooting security incidents.
- Loyal Workforce – 84% of certified workers stay with their current employer, giving you the long-term benefits of a highly skilled workforce.
- Return on Investment – CompTIA Security+ certification is the capstone to your employee training that validates their true capabilities and ensures your training budget is providing a solid return.
CompTIA Security+ Course Description
This course is designed for the information technology (IT) professional who has networking and administrative skills in Windows®-based Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) networks; familiarity with other operating systems, such as Mac OS X®, Unix, or Linux; and who wants to further a career in IT by acquiring foundational knowledge of security topics; prepare for the CompTIA Security+ certification examination; or use Security+ as the foundation for advanced security certifications or career roles. This prepares you to take the CompTIA Security+ SYO-501 Certification.
Instructor – David Moses – IT Career Development Program Manager, IT-oLogy
David’s focus is developing IT related courses for post-secondary students, educators, current IT professionals and career-changers. Courses cover a broad range of IT topics.
Before changing careers to IT, David worked as a news photographer for News 19 in Columbia, SC, News14-Carolina in Charlotte, NC and WHNS Fox-Carolina in Greenville, SC. He knows firsthand the discipline required to pursue a career in IT. His knowledge and experience make him the ideal trainer and mentor to a new generation of IT professionals.
David earned his BA in Mass Communications/TV Production from Claflin University in Orangeburg, SC. In addition, he earned an Associate’s degree in Computer Networking Systems from ITT Technical Institute and his Masters of Information Technology with a concentration in Internet Security from American InterContinental University in Dunwoody, GA. David also serves as an adjunct instructor at ECPI University. Read David’s full bio here.
Who Should Attend
The CompTIA Security+ certification course will benefit anyone who is interested in or advancing their career in Information Technology. CompTIA Security+ certification can propel you toward a rewarding IT career as a:
- Systems Administrator
- Network Administrator
- Security Administrator
- Junior IT Auditor/Penetration Tester
- Security Specialist
- Security Consultant
- Security Engineer
Cost: $2499 (includes the exam)
IT Career Development Programs
Questions? Contact Us!