- This event has passed.
“Tech-In-A-Box” Virtual Summer Enrichment Program – Free
July 13, 2021 @ 10:30 am - July 15, 2021 @ 12:00 pmFree
• Students must reside in South Carolina to participate.
• Students must have a shipping address in South Carolina to receive their supply kit for camp.
• Every week of camp’s programming is exactly the same. Limit 1 free camp per student, per summer.
As part of this program, “Tech-In-A-Box” supply kits will be mailed to every registered student to use during the virtual sessions. Additional hands-on activities are included in the supply kit so students can continue the learning at home. On-demand digital resources will also be provided to complement lessons learned in the virtual classroom.
**Registration for this camp will close 2 weeks before the start date in order to ensure the timely delivery of the camp kits**
• Students will need a desktop or laptop with audio. Tablets and phones are not recommended due to the level of typing, copying, and file sharing needed.
• Internet access is required. For a listing of free WiFi access in South Carolina, please visit: https://www.palmettocareconnections.org/broadband/south-carolina-free-wifi-hot-spots/
• Students will need a personal Google account. School related google accounts are not recommended for use. To create a free personal Google account, please visit: https://accounts.google.com/
• Students will gain access to IT-oLogy’s Google Classroom with registration to access workshop information and on-demand digital resources.
The activities and challenges delivered throughout the virtual summer enrichment program will teach technology in exciting and engaging ways. IT-oLogy’s skilled and certified instructors will lead coding and circuity challenges that introduce and reinforce STEM concepts that align with CSTA and the South Carolina Department of Education standards. IT-oLogy’s programs are designed with gaming attributes to allow students of multiple experience levels the space to learn something new. Students will apply fundamentals learned in the virtual classroom and build upon their 21st Century Skills through project-based learning, creativity, problem solving, engagement, logic, critical thinking, collaboration, and most importantly… FUN!
• Program Funding:
Funded by the South Carolina Department of Education, the “Tech-In-A-Box” summer enrichment program ensures that summer is a special time for South Carolina students to experience the excitement of technology learning and exploration. Through this funding, South Carolina middle school students can participate in this innovative program at no charge to families. The mission of the South Carolina Department of Education is to provide leadership and support so that all public education students graduate prepared for success. www.ed.sc.gov
** Limit 1 free camp per student, per summer.**