“Tech-In-A-Box” Virtual Summer Camp Program – SC Middle School Students
July 24 @ 10:00 am - July 28 @ 12:00 pmFree
• This camp is only available to students in the following South Carolina counties: Calhoun, Fairfield, Kershaw, Lexington, Orangeburg, Richland, Saluda, and Sumter.
• Students must reside and have a shipping address in South Carolina to receive their supply kit for camp.
• Limit 1 free camp per student, per summer.
• Registration for this camp will close 2 weeks before the start date in order to ensure the timely delivery of the camp kits.
Join us for a week of live and virtual sessions during our Tech-In-A-Box camp.
Join us for this virtual cyber adventure! As part of this program, Tech-In-A-Box supply kits will be mailed to every registered student to use during the virtual sessions. Students are able to keep the supply kit permanently! Additional hands-on activities are included in the supply kit so students can continue learning at home. On-demand digital resources will also be provided to complement lessons learned in the virtual classroom.
We will meet via Google Classroom live from 10:00am-12:00pm Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
This camp is generously sponsored by the Lipscomb Family Foundation.
• Students will need a desktop or laptop with audio. Tablets and phones are not recommended due to the level of typing, copying, and file sharing needed.
• Internet access is required. For a listing of free WiFi access in South Carolina, please visit: https://www.palmettocareconnections.org/broadband/south-carolina-free-wifi-hot-spots/
• Students will need a personal Google account. School related google accounts are not recommended for use. To create a free personal Google account, please visit: https://accounts.google.com/
• Students will gain access to IT-oLogy’s Google Classroom with registration to access workshop information and on-demand digital resources.
• No prior coding or technical experience necessary.