- This event has passed.
“Tech-In-A-Box” Virtual IT Enrichment Program – Middle School Students
December 7, 2020 @ 10:30 am - December 10, 2020 @ 12:00 pm
Program Dates: December 7 – 10, 2020
Virtual Orientation: December 7, 10:30am – 12:00pm
• Monday: Meet instructors, access and explore IT-oLogy’s Google Classroom.
Virtual Workshops: December 8-10, 10:30am – 12:00pm
• Wednesday: Circuity
• Thursday: Bitsbox App Creation
Cost: $175.00 per student
Max: 30 students
As part of this program, “Tech-In-A-Box” supply kits will be mailed to every registered student to use during the virtual sessions. Supply kits include a Micro:Bit (pocket sized computer), circuitry kit, DIY STEM activity and IT-oLogy swag. On-demand digital resources will also be provided to complement lessons learned in the virtual classroom.
• Desktop computer or laptop with audio.
- Video/camera capabilities are used but are not required.
- Tablets and phones are not recommended due to the level of typing, copying, and file sharing needed.
• High speed internet access.
- For a listing of free WiFi access in South Carolina, please visit: https://www.palmettocareconnections.org/broadband/south-carolina-free-wifi-hot-spots/
• Personal Google account.
- To create a free Google account, please visit: https://accounts.google.com/
**Note: School related google accounts are not recommended.**
• IT-oLogy’s Google Classroom.
- Students will gain access to IT-oLogy’s Google Classroom with registration to access workshop information and on-demand digital resources.
*No prior coding or technical experience necessary.
IT-oLogy uses innovative programs that connect and inspire South Carolina students to develop the skills they need to become the problem solvers of today and tomorrow. The activities and challenges delivered throughout the virtual IT enrichment program will teach technology in exciting and engaging ways. IT-oLogy’s skilled and certified instructors will lead coding and circuity challenges that introduce and reinforce STEM concepts that align with CSTA and the South Carolina Department of Education standards. IT-oLogy’s programs are designed with gaming attributes to allow students of multiple experience levels the space to learn something new. Students will apply fundamentals learned in the virtual classroom and build upon their 21st Century Skills through project-based learning, creativity, problem solving, engagement, logic, critical thinking, collaboration, and most importantly… FUN!
Refunds:Due to the nature of this program, no refunds will be issued if the cancellation is received on or less than 14 days prior to the workshop start date. We regret that no exceptions can be made. Please plan accordingly.
Location:With our commitment to following CDC guidance for safety, IT-oLogy has made the thoughtful decision to adjust all IT enrichment programs to a virtual format.